New East Span of San Francisco Bay Bridge 2 on Flickr.
New East Span of San Francisco Bay Bridge
San Francisco Bay Bridge, connecting San Francisco to East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc), suffered some damages during 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake and almost 24 years later, finally a new east span is set to open on early September 3.
This new span suffered much delays due to design, funding and safety issues and let’s hope that it will withstand another strong shake. However, it is a beautifully designed span and as last Saturday when we drove on the current east span for the last time before the new span is to open, we were able to have a quick look at its near complete form.
First, a group of photos and a video shot on our way to San Francisco, on the upper deck of the double-decker bridge.
- onawarmsanfranciscannight reblogged this from sfcitylights
- 0bliivi0n reblogged this from sfcitylights
- jamesthelionhtfld reblogged this from sfcitylights
- jamesthelionhtfld likes this
- mollybierman likes this
- kikibozu likes this
- mrrustyshackleford reblogged this from sfcitylights
- sfcitylights reblogged this from matthewfelixsun
- matthewfelixsun posted this